Great race this weekend. I raced the Boulder Tri Series Sprint distance this weekend. It took place on Sunday at the Boulder reservoir. This is the first year Ironman is putting on the 5430 sports races. I have never personally raced a 5430 sports event before (only because it was sold out last year) but I have never heard so many complaints at a triathlon before. Ironman did a very poor job with the expo this year. There was no instruction on where to go or what line to stand on. There were two lines one for USAT membership verification and one for packet pickup. Some people stood on the packet pick up line only to find out that they had to go to the USAT membership line first. This was chaos. I was upset to have to be standing in line for about an hour. I can only imagine how upset people with children were.
Other than the pre-race expo there was nothing else that really went wrong, well the food after the race sucked but I will count that in with the expo.
The swim was awesome for me! I didn't do amazing but I felt really good, I was passing people in the water and that gave me confidence. I am glad my training is paying off.
The bike was alright. I had a good bike until around the last 2 miles, that is when my legs "died."
Finally, the run I was pretty dead on the run. My legs were cramping really bad and I could barely walk. I got to an aid station and had a GU or something like it, some nutrition. I felt better 5 minutes later. I was able to pick up my pace and really give it my all to the finish line.
I think overall the race went really well. I liked that everything was really well marked on the course, I never felt like I was lost or confused. The aid station on the bike was a surprise and the aid stations on the run was awesome.
Transition was huge but it was set up with numbers indicating who was in each row, although I got lost coming into transition from the swim I didn't have a problem after the bike. I think my head was a little dizzy after the swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment