Thursday, July 2, 2009

Exhausted.

I have not been keeping up with my blog because I have not had internet.

Last week we were working an event in West Des Moines, Iowa. This was the most exciting event we have worked/attended. There was so much going on! Black Hawk helicopters, Shawn Johnson signing autographs, Budweiser Clydesdale horses, grandstand seating, and around 120 professional triathletes racing for a million dollar prize purse. We met some great Hy-vee employees. I was so amazed to see that people in the grocery business could put on such an extrodinary triathlon. Why can't all races be like Hy-vee?
We had a great time and I hope to go back next year to watch and possibly race.
After the event we go outta there! We drove to Council Bluffs, not much to say about that city.
The next day we drove through the entire state of Nebraska, this almost took all day. Finally, we made it back to Colorful Colorado.
Let the fun begin!!
The next morning I went out for a 14 mile bike ride. I love the well paved roads, beautiful views of the mts, huge shoulders and bike lanes in Colorado. They make cycling so much more relaxing and fun.
Yesterday, we hiked a 14er! This was the highlight of my week. I have never hiked a 14er before. We hiked Mt Evans from Summit Lake (12,830 ft) to Mt. Spalding then over to the summit of Mt. Evans (14,258 ft). We had a great time!


This was at the begining of the trail.

We did it!
We had great weather all day. The views were so beautiful, in ever direction. Just as we got into the car to drive back it started raining. Wow, we were so lucky!
When we got back I went for a short swim. My lungs hurt from the altitude.

Today we went for a 25 mile ride with our old boss David from BimBamBoo.
We rode from his house to hwy 36 then to St. Vrain road and back. We made a stop at Blue Sky Velo bike shop in Longmont, CO they helped me with a screw for my bike cleats. Thanks guys!


What a perfect day!

Now we are in Frisco. I am so happy to finally have internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment