The race course was easy and well marked, I have no excuses. The swim was surprisingly not too bad. Even though this was my first ocean swim I think I did well. In case you didn't know this week was shark week! So I was a little nervous to swim in the cold and murky water but I think my fear helped me. I kept telling myself "stay with the pack, your odds are better!!" This kept me from resting. The water was 58 degrees, burrr!! This also helped me because I got to wear a wetsuit, I swim much better with a wetsuit on.
There was a long run from the beach back to transition, still not a very good excuse.
I got to ride my new Triad today! This made me very happy! I was extremely nervous and very cautious because this was my first time racing with a time trial bike. The Triad from Blue Competition Cycles retails for about $7,000.00 (pretty much carbon everything, SRAM Red, and Zipp 606) and it is a floor model with no bar tape which made things a little tricky! (See why I was nervous!) My ride was okay it could have been faster.
Now for the worst part, the run. I am stupidly slow!!! I need to learn how to run because whatever I am doing now is not working. It should not take me 38 min to run 5k! It is sad that my run took almost as long as my bike.
By the way, the course was absolutely gorgeous, hardly any cars, and tons of volunteers telling you where to go. It was put together very well! The views were remarkable. Everything about this race was perfect except me.
I am not good at triathlons but I still love doing them, I really need to train.
Below are my results:
Overall | ------- swim ------- | T1 | ------- Bike ------- | T2 | ------- Run ------- | Total | ||||||||||
Place | Place | Name | Bib No | Age | Rnk | Time |
| Time | Rnk | Time |
| Time | Rnk | Time |
| Time |
11 | 238 | Mojdeh Hamidi | 174 | 22 | 13 | 18:21.5 |
| 1:43.5 | 8 | 41:53.5 |
| 0:38.1 | 11 | 38:27.1 |
| 1:41:03.7 |
No comments:
Post a Comment