I am done with my first year of law school.
Finals week was just another spiky hurdle that I need to get over in order to get to where I really want to be.
I had 3 stressful, in class finals that made my brain feel like complete mush when I was finished. I knew that I needed to keep my mental strength up after the first one because I couldn't crash so early in the game. My first final was contracts, followed by torts and ended with property. After my three in class finals I had to write a 10 page paper on whatever I felt like writing about, as long as it had something to do with intellectual property.
Over all, I felt that I did the absolute best that I could have and that the mental anxiety/stress of law school has taught me more about myself then it has about the substantive material of law. I truly believe that people go to law school because they enjoy learning and the people who end up with the great jobs are the ones who have realized how to retain information well by managing their stress in a manner that lets them perform to the best of abilities.
I have said it before and I will say it again, law school is about stress management.
I also want to say thank you to everyone who made finals time a little less stressful for me. Thank you to my amazing boyfriend, Grady for making sure I kept eating and dealing with me in my stressed out state. Thank you Liz for being funny and making law school enjoyable. Thanks to Sarah and Geoff for cooking for me and being amazing friends. Thank you John Martin for not being insanely stressed out before each final and chatting about fun stuff. And of course Thanks Mom for everything that you do for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment