Friday, February 11, 2011

Boots, guns, and jerky.

The headline pretty much sums it up. I went to Texas last weekend. My friend Krissi and I decided to do a last minute road trip after the flight to San Antonio was delayed. I picked her up from Denver Airport and we drove for 16 hours down to San Antonio. When we got there we had sushi lunch with her very awesome dad. (He is a criminal defense attorney.) Krissi said he likes me but I think he is fascinated by me because I speak Farsi, he probably thinks I am a spy. After very yummy sushi we went back to Krissi's mom's house to take a nap then we hung out with some of Krissi's friends. That night we got completely plastered at crappy local bar. The only thing I have to say I hated about Texas was the fact that everyone smokes in bars.
Day 2: We slept in until almost 12. Then we got up, grabbed a few tacos and headed to Austin. There we met up with my best friend from college, Kristin. We had lunch at a really hip restaurant, I ordered Chicken Fried Steak. I was happy to try it but I must admit I really like my steak juicy and not fried. Kristin and I

Soon after, we went down town to visit one of Krisitin's friends and grab a drink at a bar on 6th street. Then we all drove back to San Antonio and went to see Krissi's childhood best friend who was bar-tending at a fancy bar in downtown San Antonio by the River Walk. The River Walk is a really pretty place at night with lights that glow on the banks of the river and tons of bars. After we were happily wasted, everyone but me since I was designated driver. We went to Jim's, the Texas version of Denny's. Except Jim's was much better. I order steak fingers(steak fried chicken finger style), another Texan dish I needed to try. It was alright. I much prefer chicken fingers.

Basket of Steak Fingers

Day 3: Again we slept in until Krissi got a phone call from her dad saying that he would be able to take us shooting. I jumped out of bed frantically and got Kristin up (aka dragged her into the bathroom so she could shower) I put on my cool shooting range outfit, cowboy boots, jeans and a cool Eddie Bauer vest and I was ready. We left the house, picked up Krissi's dad and went to get some brunch, authentic San Antonio Texmex. We shot 3 pistols and 1 rifle. See photos below. After shooting we went to watch the super-bowl. I don't really care much for football.
Day 4: We had a lazy day after such a crazy weekend. I did a lot of Knitting.
Day 5: I got on a flight at 6am and flew back home to snowy Boulder.
Since I have been back my body has been in shock because of the food I ate while I was in Texas. My body is rejecting yummy salad and fruit and wants fried food, too bad! No more fried food especially because Rory and I are going to Hawaii in 19 days and I need to get rid of my winter weight.
Me shooting the 380 Walther PPK (James Bond's gun)
The hottest girls at the range.





No comments:

Post a Comment