Sunday, January 2, 2011

A blog about blogging

I remember the days of blogging 10 years ago when I was a teen age girl. Me and all my friends had blogs. Except it was different back then. Back then we did not use our 'real' names on our blogs. Each and everyone of us used a code name or a "screen name", something like what we used for instant messenger but of course it couldn't be the same as our screen names because then people would know who we were and that sure wasn't the point of blogs back then.
Blogs were a place that we would write things we couldnt tell anyone about, a place where our secrets were safe. Well I'm sure that makes no sense to you, just keep reading. Blogs were a complex web of inter-connected friends who would only share secrets that they would tell each other anyway(sort of like a clique). Here comes the complicated part, back then and still today blogs were and are public so anyone can read them and people who you didnt want to read your blog would read it and of course there was drama. There were tears, fights, break ups, school suspensions, and groundings. I think the most interesting part about blogs back in the day was that people had to prove whose blog was whose if they were going to expose that person, this was always a difficult task. There were lies, people blaming the wrong person, friends trying to save another friends blog by blaming someone else, and people changing their blog's name. So blogs were the drama from high school in an after school activity. It was pretty stupid actually but hey we were kids and this is what we did.
My blog has come a long way since. It has changed a many times and finally in 2011 it is what it is. I was inspired to write this blog after I started reading the newest issue from Blood Knot Magazine , an on-line fly fishing magazine. Their latest issue is about fly fishing bloggers, I read 4 or 5 articles before I got to the one written by the editor and stopped reading once I got to the statistics about bloggers.
-most bloggers are men
- 60% are between 18 and 44 years of age
-under half hold graduate degrees
I find this information very interesting. First because I am not a man, second because I have a graduate degree and third because I love fly fishing.

I guess I am a rather unusual woman. I have blog and I fly fishing and the new issue from Blood Knot magazine has made me realize I need to blog MORE about fishing.
I should blog even when I get skunked at the dream stream and just want to forget about that cold windy day when I was on the river with a fever.

Thanks blood knot for the encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Great post...and you're right. You should post more about fly fishing!!! We love our fly gals. Glad you found inspiration from the new issue.

    Ben Ward
    Gear Editor/ Editor At Large
    Blood Knot Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mojdeh,
    greetings from Lutz from Germany (travelutz.blogspot.com) We met in Yakima Canyon when i was on my way down to south america. Wanted to wish you a happy new year and let you know, that i still read your blog every now and then. greetings also to rory.
    greets, lutz

    ReplyDelete